Friday, May 20, 2011

Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer

After too many afternoons of discovering flakey face in the bathroom mirror at school, I decided to pick up a foundation primer. 

I picked up the Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer a few weeks ago and have been giving it a whirl ever since.
 
I have to say I am quite happy with the results.
It feels really silky, goes on smooth, has a pleasant smell that I can't quite put my finger on, and was pretty inexpensive.

It really helped improve my skin texture, although really bad patches of dryness were still present.

Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer
I don't think I would use this everyday, becuase I don't want to be layering that much crud on my face each day, but it will def. be making an apperance on those days that I want to look even more gorgeous than I already am. (wink wink cough cough)

It did, however, not play nice with a few of my foundations, Maybelline's Fit Me, in particular. This foundation just seemed to sit on top of my skin and not soak in.

The genus that is gossmakeupartist, recently posted that this could be due to incompatibility between ingredients, such as oil vs water, a big no no when mixed.

The first ingredient listed for both is water, with the primer having silicon a little farther along, so not too sure what the story is. 

I guess it is just up to playing around with what you got first. 

Anyways, Wahoo long weekend!!/ I have a midterm next week.. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment