Monday, August 15, 2011

Back 2 Mac

Do you stroll into MAC and feel completely and utterly lost? Even after you have spent countless hours on blogs, youtube, makeupalley, reading up on products? For me it is like I am a kid in a candy store and I can't decide what I want. Normally, I am pretty fearless, I know what I want and nothing is going to stand in my way...but at MAC I am so overwhelmed, I want everything...(hence MAClust).

I am a huge fan of the Back 2 MAC program, it is one of the reasons why MAC is my favourite brand. So recently, I hauled in 18 items to MAC. I was nervous that they wouldn't take back my eyeshadows with the pan missing (as I depotted it) but I had no trouble. I feel like the "MAC won't return eyeshaows without the pan" is some cruel ubran myth that was generated on the internet.

Quarry and Handwritten ended up following me home. Quarry is a mauvey grey and Handwritten appears almost like a deep brown purple, but when swatched it is more brown than purple. Both are matte but Handwritten is classified as a Matte^2 (squared), which is intensely more pigmented than regular matte shadows. A gal could run into trouble with these if she isn't careful, these are great shadows for in the crease.
Left Quarry, Right Handwritten



I picked up a lipstick in Crosswires, which I am in love with! I feel very self conscious when I wear lipstick, especially in bright colours, but this one makes me wanna bust it out like Beyonce, it is fierce! Crosswires is very pigmented, very smooth and creamy, no lipliner needed, and the colour is so refreshing. It is caught somewhere between a pink and an orange, very corally, and I think you could pull it off right into Autumn.
Straight from the tube girlfriend!
I also bought a pigment in Naked. Now, I've seen so many gurus use this pigment and it always looks so amazing on them, just sheer and glittery and beautiful, but I forgot that I am ghostly white so, it ends up looking blah on me. Pretty much just the sparkles shine through..oh well, I'm sure I will find a use for it.
MAC Naked Pigment (appearing much darker)
Crosswires, Naked, Quarry, Handwritten with flash
Crosswires, Naked, Quarry, Handwritten without flash











What have you all been up to? Did you have a good weekend?

We had this intense storm here! I was outside running to my car and I got soaked, literally, water up to my ankles in the parking lot, chipped my OPI Cajun Shrimp pedi too!
We got a great light show out of it though.

-E

3 comments:

  1. Crosswires is beautiful! Darn my shopping ban! I'm glad you got Handwritten, it' is one of my favourites ever and doesn't get enough love. You could use Naked as a highlight on browbone or cheeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love MAC, they have awesome products, and these two shadows are so nice, I love the colors! Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  3. its what i always say, mac is like a candy.

    ReplyDelete