Sunday, August 28, 2011

My first Luxe Box...

A week ago I received my first Luxe Box by Loose Buttons. This is a box filled with 3-5 deluxe sample products ranging from perfume to moisturizers to makeup. Loose Buttons is a Canadian brand, but I do believe that there are a wide variety of these types of companies throughout the USA and Britain.
You subscribe to Loose Buttons like you would a magazine. It costs 12$ a month and you can choose either 1, 3, or a 12 month subscription. The shipping is free, which is Canada is really great. Now on with the good stuff.



Proclaim | Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion
"Moisturizes dry, irritated skin while protecting from sun, wind and water. It restores lost moisture and soothes dry, tight skin. Leaves skin feeling smooth and soft without feeling greasy"
Full size retail price $8(32oz)
Sample size received 3oz

- I acutally was surprised and liked this quite a lot. When I first got it I wasn't very impressed with a receiving a lotion like this, as I have so many like it. It does live up to its claim though. Very moisturizing and doesn't leave your skin tacky or sticky. I would buy.

Lip Plumpling Treatment | City Lips by City Cosmetics
"The award winning formula in City Lips includes Oligopeptides technology to increase collagen production in your lips, resulting in greater lip volume and a decrease in wrinkles and lines in and around the lips. Get extraordinary results and a luxury lip gloss all in one!"
Full Size Retail Price $35 (5ml)
Sample size received I don't even know, small, .5 oz maybe
City Lips first application
City Lips after about 5 minutes. My lips are turning a dark pink, and look swollen.
- I want fuller lips but these things don't really interest me because they are so uncomfortable to wear. This one really stung and had a goopy, honey like texture to it. I did make my lips appear fuller however, I don't know about the wrinkle part. For 35$ though, I would not buy.

Calvin Klein | Forbidden Euphoria Fragrance
"Mysteriously sophisticated. Innocently seductive. Coveted, yet forbidden, this fragrance is the younger interpretation of the iconic euphoria fragrance. It evokes a moder, fresh sexiness with a mysterious twist."
Full size Retail Price $78 (50mL)
Sample size received .10 oz

- I love this! Probably my favourite out of the box, which surprised me because I am very picky about perfumes, especially CK ones (after the CK One overdose in the '90's I thought I could never go back). It has a fresh berry, vanilla scent, with a musky undertone (sandalwood?). I will definately buy this.

Pur Minerals | 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup
"Skip the mess and go pressed with this award winning foundation, powder, concealer and SPF 15. Supercharged with shea butter and vitamin E, this nourishing pressed mineral formula is your key to flaweless looking skin in 60 seconds or less."
Full size Retail Price $31 (.28oz)
Sample size received .15oz

- Okay this one is tricky. I have dry skin so I don't wear much powder type foundations. However, I really like this. When I put it on I was surprised that blended into my skin so well, and gave me really nice light coverage, the colour matched my skin tone too. I wore it for about 8 hours, after which I could start to see it breaking down on my skin, and looking a little flakey. I would like to try more of the Pur Minerals line, and maybe experiment with some other powder foundations. I will buy other things from this line.
*This product was sent in the box as a bonus, so not everyone received it. I'm thinking that they only had the one shade or something.."

Sheyna Jewelry | Hand made Pearl and Moonstone earrings
I don't have any info on these, apparently Oprah really likes them...
Retail $16

- I have worn them. They are really pretty and simple. I really like them.

All in all, the box has been alright. I was not blown away but I did get some interesting products. I am looking forward to see what Septembers Luxe Box has instore.

I can't believe it has been over a week since I blogged! I have so much to talk about too!
My first and LAST dirty martini, it was like drinking saltwater. Why do I order these things? 

Haha, are you having a good weekend? What did you do?

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment