Friday, August 5, 2011

Will You Do The Fandango For Nyx's Bohemian Rhapsody?

Less theatrical than Queen (sorry Freddie) and leaning hard on the bohemian, this 10 colour palette is your one stop shop for matte and shimmer eyeshadows alike.
10 Color Eyeshadow Palette The Runway Collection - Bohemian Rhapsody

With 5 matte shades on the bottom including a black, peachy nude and cool brown, and 5 shimmer shades on top featuring silver, taupe and pink, pack liner, mascara and you're good to go!


All shades are blendable, pigmented, with the exception of the silver (top left corner), and soft. I do find Nyx's shadows to be a little powdery at times, but just use a lil extra TLC by patting the colour onto your brush instead of rubbing.

The case is sturdy and compact, and a large mirror is provided. It is a great size for slipping into your purse for a weekend with the girls, or for those early morning do my make up on the bus days (we have all been there). The shadows do not have individual names, and I am unsure if they are available in solo pan forms, but at 11$ for 10 eyeshadows why not splurge? 

Next to a MAC palette for comparison

I also snagged Nyx's white eyeshadow base, along witht his palette at Imats Vancouver 2011. After humming and hawing over whether or not to get this, as I already own the Jumbo eyepencil in Milk, the Imats girl assured me that I wouldn't regret it. She pointed out that it is made to be a primer while Milk is an eyeshadow. The product is decent but can crease quickly if a heavy hand is used. I still use my UDPP firstly however, just in case. My only issue would be that it is smells, it has that sort of old lady, I still have my jug of perfume from 1954 stench. Nyx please..it is it too much to ask for?

Nyx white eyeshadow base

Available from NYX or your local drugstore.

So what are you up to this weekend? I will probably be heading out to do a little used book rummaging, my favourite thing, see if I can find any Charlaine Harris novels (True Blood) for a dollar.

-E

Ps - Fandango is a spanish dance.

1 comment: