Sunday, August 7, 2011

Favourites Cup and unexpected FOTD

Remember the movie Practical Magic? With Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman? I watched it last night after reading the book that I dug up at a second hand bookstore. It still has to be one of my favourite films, I love it, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.


I have a little china tea cup that is always in my bathroom. It really doesn't seem to have a purpose, it just lives in my bathroom, so I will put it to use and dub it my Favourites Cup.
Favourites Cup

  • SPAresource eye brushes that I bought for under 15$. These are amazing!!! They are so sturdy and soft. I have had them for 2 months now and they haven't shed on me at all. If I had to complain about something it would be that they are really big for my eye, but I'll get over it. You can buy them at Walmart or online.
  • Phyysicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio. I hate pencil eyeliners, because no matter how I sharpen them they are always jagged and hurt, so I prefer plastic twisty bottoms liners. These are pretty good. They blend well, are fairly pigmented and come in packs of 3. Can't beat that. You can buy them from any drugstore or online.
  • MAC Suntints SPF20 Liquid Lip Balm in Lilt of Lily. I picked this up a while ago after it occured to me that I acutally don't own a single lip gloss that had an SPF in it. The colour is a barely there pinky purple and the gloss is quite thick and glossy. It isn't moisturizing, but I really like the high SPF, the plastic doefoot applicator, and the smell. Available online.
  • Lastly, my most loved is the Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in linen. This product is WOW, and will be getting its own full review. For now lets just go with, dewy and moisturizing. LOVE! At Target or online.


Now, I am not really a sage green kinda gal, not that there is anything wrong with it, but it just isn't my first choice. I picture it more for fiery redheads, in large cable knit wool sweaters sitting on grassy knolls. So this morning I was surprised when I reached for my Wet'n'Wild Comfort Zone palette and started applying a sage green to my lid then blending out my crease with the deep forest green, almost brown like shade. 

SO sorry about the brows
I topped it off by lining my inner waterline with a brown liner, and then smudging Smog, a bronze shadow, from UD Naked palette underneath my eye. I must be going on that 90's vibe from Practical Magic last night. I can't believe how much I like this look. I would never even think to wear these colours but they just look so interesting. Like an earthy smokey eye that catches you off guard.. I will be repeating this look well into Autumn.
Did you know that fish love watermelon and oranges, especially Koi? Well they do, I can hear them flopping out of the water as they swarm it. 

What did you do this weekend? 

-Emily

2 comments: